Turtle Cove, Bronx, NY

My first series will be of the
tidal ponds at Turtle Cove.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Turtle Cove - January 26, 2014 - Silent Passage


I've arrived at Turtle Cove at about 8:30 am. We've gotten about 5 or 6 inches of snow, and I am anxious to explore my opportunities at Turtle Cove. I learned my lesson and have bundled up properly this time.

It is a bright blue morning without a cloud in the sky. The kind of day that turns the shadows on the snow a cobalt blue.

I walk out onto the berm straight off. I can see there have been others here before me, but not many. Walking onto the bridge and facing the main pond, I look down at the break in the berm that allows the water to flow out of the second pond. It is full low tide, and there is my scene! Animal tracks through the snow lining the outflow. It was so special, I didn't look any further.

No comments:

Post a Comment